-Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (October 16, October 30)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Pray for Pastor Elias Ozuna as he enters full time into ministry.
Main Point: A church that hungers for God’s presence is a church that will experience God’s presence.
What happens when God’s presence is evident and tangible in the church? Lives are impacted. We are impacted.
3 ways to experience God’s presence:
- God is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-8, Hebrews 13:5)
- God is always with us, the question is are you with him. The tangible presence of God comes is when you are recognizing God. Who He is? How Great He is?
- God’s tangible presence – a one person experience; (James 4:8)
- God’s tangible presence – 2 or 3 are gathered. The congregation experience. (Matthew 18:19-20)
Now that I am full time in ministry and I have been spending more time in prayer, I have been asking myself this question. What do I want people to say about HCC?
The two thoughts that convict my heart are:
1. We are a church that hungers for God’s presence
2. We are a church that is passionate about serving the community
One sentence elevator speech about HCC:
We are a church that hungers for God’s presence; and is passionate about serving the community
- Exodus 34:12-15. Moses pleaded with God to be with him and his people. If God was not going to show up, Moses did not want to go.
- Philippians 4:8-9. Put into practice the good things we have learned.
- If we are united in this vision:
- To be known as a church that hungers for God’s presence then we must put things in practice that will lead to more of God’s presence.
We must come ready to Praise God for who he is. We must Praise and Worship God from the heart every week.