-Shoe Program. Our goal is to bless 150 children with shoes. To contribute write ‘shoes’ on an offering envelope.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (August 21, August 28)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Water Baptism signup sheet available
Main Point: Be thankful in all things. God commands us to be a thankful people. God is a good God and he is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving. God is worthy of our obedience and our sacrifice.
Scriptures about being Thankful:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Give thanks in all things
- Colossians 3:17. Give thanks to the father through Jesus Name.
- Philippians 4:6. With thanksgiving let your request be known to God.
- Colossians 4:2. Be continuously in prayer and be thankful to God.
- In God’s word it is evident that God desires for us to be thankful children of his Kingdom
- Being thankful is important because it praises God.
- Being thankful is important because it shows faith in God.
- Being thankful is important because Jesus paid it all because He loves us.
-Luke 17:11-19. Only one leper returns to give thanks.
How can we be thankful?
- Obedience – acting on God’s directing by the Holy Spirit through prayer and God’s word
- Sacrifice- giving up something for a spiritual cause
- Obedience is better than sacrifice