-Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (October 30)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Youth Annual Marshmallow Roast will be on Saturday November 29 from 6:30pm to 9pm
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Pray for Pastor Elias Ozuna as he enters full time into ministry.
Main Point: A church that hungers for God’s presence is a church that will experience God’s presence.
What happens when God’s presence is evident and tangible in the church? Lives are impacted. We are impacted.
Last week we talked about:
3 ways to experience God’s presence:
- God is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-8, Hebrews 13:5)
- God is always with us, the question is are you with him. The tangible presence of God comes when you are recognizing God. Who He is. How Great He is.
- God’s tangible presence – a one person experience (James 4:8)
- God’s tangible presence – 2 or 3 are gathered. The congregation experience. (Matthew 18:19-20)
Moses in God’s presence:
Exodus 34:1-7. God reveals himself to Moses and gives him two main messages.
- That He is God of Love that forgives.
- That He is God that punishes the guilty (Who are the guilty? Those that don’t turn to God for forgiveness.)
Exodus 34: 29-35
- When Moses came down from the mountain his face was glowing/shining with God’s glory.
- What happened? His shining face was temporary. It eventually stopped shining.
- But what was eternal was the experience of being in God’s presence.
- and what resulted from that was increased faith, purpose, destiny, commitment, determination, resolve.
What happens when a Christian has increased faith, purposes, destiny, commitment, determination, and resolve?
- You become a force for righteousness.
- You become a soldier for God’s Kingdom taking ground for righteousness.
- You become an instrument for God’s Kingdom, anointed for good works.
- You become unstoppable because God is with you.
- The enemy will know your name because of your impact, and no weapon formed against you will prosper (Isaiah 54:17)
- When we Christians experience the real presence of God, many eternal things begin to happen. As the song says when Jesus walks into the room everything changes.
- HCC will be a church that hungers for God’s presence. If we are in unity to hunger for God’s presence then we will continue to experience the tangible presence of God.
- And what this world needs, and what we need more than anything is more of God.
- Not the concept of God but more of his true presence, which comes when we truly praise and worship God.