-Blessed New Year to all.
–All Day Prayer meeting Saturday February 4, 2023. Sign up.
-Next Sunday night prayer Meeting will be February 5, 2023 at 6pm.
-‘King Jesus Will Be Praised’ worship service January 29, 2023 at 6pm. (Last Sunday of every month)
-Men’s and Women’s ministry “Kick-off Lunch”. February 18, 2023 at 12pm.
-Summer Family Camp June 12-16 (4 nights).
-Church Business meeting is scheduled for Sunday February 12. 2023 at 6:30pm
-Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center.
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Pray for Pastor Elias Ozuna as he enters full time into ministry.
Main Point: The more we praise and worship King Jesus in 2023, the more our Godly righteous spiritual nature will dominate our heart and mind.
Romans 6:16-23. We are no longer slaves to sin but slaves to righteousness.
- First, we must understand that there is a serious battle of two natures in your life. There is our carnal sinful nature and there is our Godly righteous nature.
- Before we truly accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives, we are totally controlled, or as Paul states, we are slaves to sin and our sinful nature.
- But once we are born again, our Godly righteous nature is alive and we begin a journey of becoming slaves to righteousness.
- We are led through this journey by the Holy Spirit in Jesus name by the will of the Father. It is the Fathers will that all men be saved. (2 Peter 3:9)
The battle of two natures:
- Does this mean that once we are saved and accept Jesus as Lord we are free from sin and we will never sin again?
- No, it means you are free/delivered from the wages of sin (eternal death) but you will constantly be battling your sinful nature every day here on earth.
Paul put it this way. (Romans 7:15-20).
“For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me”.
We are redeemed by King Jesus
Romans 8:1. Now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who walk not under the flesh but under the Spirit.
- When you praise and worship God and you desire more of it, it is evidence that you are walking under the Spirit not the flesh.
- Every day is a battle of two natures and we must fight to be slaves to righteousness.
- As a church, we will praise King Jesus in 2023
- We will not be afraid to be slaves to righteousness
- We know that every day is a battle and we choose to be slaves to righteousness not slaves to sin.
- We will praise him in the morning, in the noon time, and when the sun goes down. Worthy is the Lamb.
- Let praise come out of your lips.
- The more we praise in 2023 the more we will become slaves to righteousness, which leads to abundant blessings, joy and peace.