-Men’s and Women’s ministry “Kick-off Lunch”. February 18, 2023 at 12pm.
-‘King Jesus Will Be Praised’ worship service. (Last Sunday of every month)
-Summer Family Camp June 12-16 (4 nights). Sponsor a camper if possible.
-Church Business meeting is scheduled for Sunday February 19. 2023 at 6:30pm
-Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center.
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Pray for Pastor Elias Ozuna as he enters full time into ministry.
Main Point: As we praise King Jesus in 2023, we don’t just want to know of God we want to KNOW GOD!
To Know God is not the same as Knowing of God.
- In the Old Testament the Children of Israel knew about God but they did not know God. The prophets Knew God and God spoke to them and they spoke to God.
- Do you speak to God and does God speak to you? You must make sure this answer is yes. And you will know God.
The Pharisees did not Know God.
- John 8:53-59. Pharisees did not Know God. They knew of God. If they would have known God, they would have recognized the father in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
- My prayer is that each one of us don’t just know of God but that we personally Know God. There is a difference.
- I believe those of us who know God can see the urgency of the moment. It is time for the people of God to go all in with their relationship with God.
- It is time to praise and worship God with all that we have.
- It is time for God’s people to be at peace and rest in the arms and the presence of God. (Despite any storm)
- It is urgent that we know God and are one with Christ so that the world can see the real power and real love of God though us.
How do I ensure I Know Jesus?
- Count all things in this world as lost. (carnal things/sinful things)
- Less of the carnal sinful world means more knowledge of who Jesus is
- Sacrificing carnal sinful/prideful things will allow me win or know Christ
- Sacrificing carnal things leads us to be one with him and now have Christ Righteousness in us.
- v10. That I may know Jesus and power of his resurrection.
In Love with Jesus
- Before you can have the motivation and passion to count all things but loss for the Excellency of the Knowledge of Jesus, we must fall in Love with Jesus.
- What good is sacrificing all the carnal sinful things of this world, if we are not in love with Jesus?
- This is why being in God’s presence is so important.
- This is why praising and worshipping God with all you have is so important
- Because the more we are in his presence the more we will fall in love with God.
- The more we love God the more we will keep his commandments.
Love equals Obedience.
- Not forced obedience but joyful obedience.
- John 14:15. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments
- 1 John 2:3-4. We know that we know him if we keep his commandments. The one who says I know him and does not have passion to keep his commandments is a liar.
- If you are living in sin or have a sin that has you enslaved; and you know God; then you would be passionate about being free from this sin because if you love God you will have passion to keep his commandments.
- Do not be satisfied with an ordinary relationship with God.
- It is time to fall deeply in Love with Jesus so that we Know Him and joyfully keep His word and commandments.
- It is time to desire to go deeper and deeper into His presence
- Let praise and worship become a joy and privilege.
- The world needs to see you in love with Jesus.
- Know God