-Shoe Program success. We surpassed our goal 150 pair of shoes. We gave out 200 pairs of shoes. We are a bit short in offering contributions. To contribute write ‘shoes’ on an offering envelope.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (August 21, August 28)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Water Baptism signup sheet available
Main Point: Fight to know God personally. When we hear his voice we will be led into God’s perfect will for our lives.
The Good Shepherd:
John 10:1-5. Jesus is the good shepherd who knows his sheep and whose sheep know him.
Then enemy’s plan:
John 10: 6-11.
- The enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy.
- Jesus comes to give us life abundantly.
Luke Warm life for God is a trap of the enemy:
Revelations 3:14-22. Luke warm is not a Christian life of victory. It is a trap of the enemy to steal, kill, and destroy.
Sacrifice is required to follow Jesus:
Luke 9:18-27. Jesus is the Messiah and following him requires sacrifice.
- Do whatever it takes (Fight) to know Jesus Personally (Read more, Pray more, Worship more, love more and serve more……)
- Knowing Jesus will require sacrifice, do not be afraid the blessings are unmeasurable.
- The enemy will press/frustrate you along your Christian journey. Recognize it and rebuke it, in Jesus name.
- Do not excuse sin, repent and ask God to empower you to overcome sin.
- When you know Jesus personally you will hear his voice like a sheep that knows the shepherds voice.
- When we hear his voice we will be led into God’s perfect will for our lives.
- Don’t’ be afraid to surrender all to the Good Shepherd
- We are in a time in this world when it will become more and more evident who personally knows Jesus and who is playing the Luke warm game
- It is time to go all in with Jesus.
- Jesus is the only way to eternal peace and joy and fulfillment.
- The world has temporary solutions, in sin, but ultimately sin will destroy you
- Jesus has an eternal solution, in his salvation, that will ultimately save you for eternity