- Church Business Meeting coming up on Sunday December 5th, 2021 at 7:00pm
- Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the month the Youth meet at the Community Center
- Toy offering: If you want to contribute to the toy outreach, please mark a tithe envelope with the word “Toy”
- Nursery has been redesigned, take a look
Main Point: The church must stand up for righteousness. A church that stands up for righteousness will be instruments of God’s power.
Foundation Scripture: Acts 5:28-39.
- Peter chose to obey God not man. Peter trusted God.
- Gamaliel’s advice to the religious leader was to let Peter go and let God deal with them. If they are of God, nothing can stop them.
Scriptures about Righteousness bringing blessings:
- Psalm 106:3. Blessed are those that observe righteousness.
- 1 Peter 3:14. Even if we suffer for righteousness, do not fear, you will be blessed.
- Matthew 6:33. Seek first God’s righteousness and blessings will follow.
- Salvation comes from faith (followed by actions) that show we have accepted the death and resurrection of Christ as our salvation.
- So why should we live right and do right if these actions don’t save us? Because if you Love God you will have a passion for righteous.
- What the church needs at this time is to stand up for righteousness so that God can begin to bless and empower the church.
- Standing up for what is right, according to God’s word is not easy.
- It is getting harder and harder for Christians to even speak about sin without offending people.
- But church, we must stand up for righteousness, according to God’s word.
- Here are some examples on what the world considers ok, but that is not ok/righteous according to God’s word.
- Sexual Intimacy outside of marriage
- It is time for the church to stand up for righteousness.
- What the bible says is clearly unrighteous or sin, is not up for debate.
- Even though society will pressure the church to accept sin or compromise with sin, the church must stand up for righteousness according to God’s word.