-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates: March 20,April 3,April 10,May 1, May 15, June 5, June 12, July 3, July 10.
-Family Night Saturday night at 6:30pm (April 30, 2022). Join us for fun and fellowship.
-Camp private room forms are still available, fill out a private room form if you would like to reserve one for summer
Camp. Camp dates are Monday July 18 to Thursday July 21.
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
Main Point: Celebrate the name of Jesus in all things. The heart that celebrates Jesus during good times and bad times is the heart that will be full of joy and peace and blessings beyond measure.
Foundation Scripture: John 12:12-18.
- After the miracle of Lazarus, word began to spread fast that Jesus of Nazareth may be the Messiah.
- Palm Sunday was a historic day because for the first time in public the name of Jesus was being called King of Israel/Messiah.
- This event put in motion the plan to crucify Jesus as soon as possible by the religious leaders.
- For one moment the public was celebrating Jesus as messiah, but once it became dangerous to celebrate Jesus the people who supported him became silent.
- Even the disciples began to hide and coward into a corner. Even Peter the rock.
- But those who are filled with the spirit of God, will rise up and celebrate the name of Jesus whether or not it is popular or dangerous.
- Those filled with the Spirit of God will stand of for righteous, whether it is popular or not.
- Stand up against sin and for righteousness.
- Those filled with the Spirit of God will celebrate the name of Jesus whether it is popular or not.
How Does Palm Sunday apply to us?
- Encountering Jesus is not one single event
- We must celebrate the name of Jesus in all things (the good and the bad times of life)
- Celebrate Jesus by serving and loving others (Jesus said when we do unto the least we do It unto him)
- Celebrate Jesus by using your gifts/talents for God’s Kingdom. Don’t hide the light within you.
The filling of the Holy Spirit in our lives is needed to celebrate the name of Jesus in all things.
- It is a supernatural event to celebrate the name of Jesus in all things.
- Without the filling or baptism of the Holy Spirit in our lives, the carnal sinful nature begins to rise up.
- In the end the heart that celebrates the name of Jesus in all things, is the heart that will be full of joy and peace and blessings beyond measure.
1 Peter 1:8. Though we do not see Jesus in the flesh, we rejoice and celebrate Jesus with joy unspeakable and full of glory because he is worthy.