- King Jesus will be praised worship night (June 25, 2023 at 6pm)
- Prayer meeting (Next One July 2, 2023 at 6pm). First Sunday of every month
- Summer Family Camp June 12-16 (4 nights). Sign up. Fill out Camp applications today. It’s not to late.
- Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
- Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm.
- Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
Main Point: In Jesus name we will be victorious in spiritual warfare. We are called to take ground for the Kingdom of Ground in Jesus name.
Questions about Spiritual Warfare:
What is spiritual warfare? Battle between evil and righteousness
What is purpose of this war? For the souls of mankind
Name the participants of spiritual warfare? God (The Holy Trinity), Satan, Mankind, angels, demons
Who defeated sin and death (darkness)? Jesus
Who did Jesus send to empower/lead and comfort the church in this war?The Holy Spirit
Scriptures about spiritual warfare:
2 Cor. 10:3-5. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
1 John 4:4. “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”
Isaiah 54:17. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.”
Scripture about the Spirit of God in Warfare:
Zech. 4:6. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
James 4:8. “Come near to God and He will come near to you,”
- Through Genuine praise and worship
- Praise is proclaiming what God has done (shouting out his goodness)
- Worship is honoring God for who He is (acknowledging His Holiness and Righteousness)
- Through passionate prayer and fasting
Since Spiritual Warfare is a spiritual war so we need the presence of the Holy Spirit to be welcomed so the weight of God’s glory and power is evident.
THE WEIGHT OF THE PRESENCE AND GLORY OF GOD NEEDS TO BE INCREASING.
- In the church
- In your prayer time
- In your circumstances
Read Romans 1:18-32. Reads like current events.
- As we praise and worship King Jesus and his presence and love inhabits his people
- Then we are changed and equipped to have authority over darkness
- And our prayers, unsaved loved ones, loved ones that need deliverance will begin to see transformation
- In Jesus name