-Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (September 18)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Youth Lock-in coming soon September 24, 2022.
Introduction: Are you growing spiritually? Are you intentional about your relationship with God? Are you willing to let God change the desires of your heart? Can you see God in all things? Do you have a desire for righteousness? Do you love to praise and worship God?
We continue our series today about ‘The journey into Spiritual Growth’. As you grow spiritually, your desire for praise and worship with all you have grows with time.
What we have learned about growing spiritually:
- Intentional journey (seeking God: Prayer, Bible, church, giving)
- Willing to let God to change the desires of your heart
- See God in all things (the good and the bad)
- A desire for righteousness
- Overcome fear and un-forgiveness
- A desire to praise and Worship God
Main Point Today: The journey into Spiritual growth is an intentional journey that God desires of us. With spiritual growth comes a desire to praise and worship God with all we have.
Scriptures about praise:
- Psalm 145:3. “Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised. His greatness no one can fathom.”
- Psalm 139:13-14. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Psalm 71:8. My mouth is full of praise. Declaring your splendor all the day long.
- God gives us weapons to battle darkness.
- Praise and worship is one of those weapons.
- All Christians have this weapon.
- It is time to start using our weapons effectively. It is time to praise the Lord with all we have.
Power and Purpose of Praise and Worship:
- Praise is a sacrifice (Psalm 54:6)
- It is a sacrifice because it is not in our sinful carnal nature to praise and worship God.
- Praise is for God’s pleasure (Revelations 4:11)
- God created us to praise him. It is our praise that gives God pleasure.
- Praise him because: (Psalm 150: 1-6)
- He is worthy of it all
- He inhabits the praises of his people (Psalm 22:3)
- He has done mighty acts
- When we praise and God’s presence enters the room, Signs and Wonders follow.
- When He walks into the room, everything changes. Darkness starts to tremble.
- He has called us out of darkness (1 peter 2:9)
- Has God done any mighty acts for you. He is worthy to be praised.
- Has God saved you. He is worthy to be praised
- Has God brought you through darkness into light. He is worthy to be praised.
- Will God continue to do mighty acts on your belhalf. He is worthy to be praised.