-Shoe Program success. We surpassed our goal 150 pair of shoes. We gave out 182 pairs of shoes. We are a bit short in offering contributions. To contribute write ‘shoes’ on an offering envelope.
-Water Baptism Signup sheet is available.
-Prayer meeting on Sunday night from 6pm to 7pm. Upcoming dates (August 21, August 28)
-Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm, 3rd Saturday of the Month at the Youth meeting is at the community center
-Youth Beach Day. Sign up to make sure we have the transportation arranged for this exciting event.
-Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
-Water Baptism signup sheet available
Main Point: The journey into Spiritual growth is an intentional journey that God desires of us.
Scriptures about spiritual growth.
1 Corinthians 3:2-8. Milk signifies immaturity and meat signifies maturity. Immaturity quarrels about things that don’t really matter.
1 Peter 2:2-3. Desire the word of God so you may spiritually grow like a baby desires milk to physically grow.
Hebrews 6:1. Grow beyond the basics and grow into Spiritual maturity.
This is what Spiritual Maturity looks like:
2 Peter 1:5-8. “For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; And to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ”.
Why is it important that we aim to grow into Spiritual Maturity?
Ephesians 4:13-16. Maturity leads to unity because mature Christians don’t focus on division they focus on what brings unity. And what brings unity is Love which is what Jesus is all about
- Do not be satisfied with an ordinary Christian life. Live with power and victory.
- Growing spiritually is an intentional act. It just doesn’t’ happen without effort.
- As we grow together in unity, we will impact lives in the community for Jesus.
- A journey into Spiritual Growth begins with the realization that we need more of God every day in our lives.
- We don’t just understand this but we take action to know God more every day in our lives.
- Are you ready to take this journey into spiritual growth?
- Are you ready to take action every day? No just on Sunday.
- Are you ready to take time to ready your bible every day?
- Are you ready to pray (for real) every day?
- Are you ready to give God what belongs to him every day?
This is an important moment in your life. Surrender all and enjoy the victory that is in Jesus.