- Community Center Movie Night October 9th
- LFC Workshop October 10 at 4pm
- Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30 (3rd Saturday of the month youth meet at the community center)
- Nursery has been been re-designed (take a look)
3 Ways to grow with intent. (Memorize these phrases)
- Run to the Cross – Sin is dealt with at the cross.
- Put yourself in situations to experience God – Be intentional about being were God is. (church, etc)
- Don’t be afraid to get uncomfortable for God’s Kingdom – Stepping out of your comfort zone is where you will see signs and wonders.
Main Point: Be Persistent. Grow with intent. Be purposeful in strengthening your relationship with God’s supernatural hand move on your behalf.
Read the story of the Lame man:
Luke 5:17-26. The lame man and his loved ones made it happen.
- They were Persistent and got Jesus’ attention.
- Zacchaeus climbed a tree but these men ripped off a roof to make sure Jesus could see the lame man.
- That is another level of ‘persistent’. The lame man had no hope. His condition was bleak.
- But in Jesus name there is hope.
- And once we have hope and we begin to grow with intent and make it happen and fight with persistence to stay close with God, then there is nothing that can stop the miraculous journey that God has planned for us. Nothing.
Pastor’s Thoughts: (Be Persistent)
- To be persistent we must first know we are nothing, we are lost without God.
- Without God we labor in vain. Moses said if you don’t’ go with me God, I’ll stay in the mountains.
- Without God life is pointless. Once we have established this in our hearts and minds, we will fight to make it happen. We will fight to be persistent in our walk with God. Repeat after me. Without God we labor in vain. Without God life is pointless. Without God life is empty. With God we have all that we need in this world.
- Ecclesiastes 1:1-11. Without God all is vanity. (read passage by Robert Harris and Jason Burke)
- Since life is vanity without God, we must make it happen, we must be persistent to grow with intent.
- Only God fills our empty cups with joy, with love, with peace, with purpose.
- Our God is love. Our God Is peace. Our God is joy.