- Women’s Meeting (Next one August 19, at 9:30am)
- King Jesus will be praised worship night (July 30, 2023 at 6pm)
- Prayer meeting (Next One August 6, 2023 at 6pm). First Sunday of every month
- Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
- Outreach carnival event Friday July 28, 2023 at 6pm
- Shoe Giveaway Saturday August 5, 2023 at 3pm
- Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm.
- Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
Main Point: Let the church arise and fight to defend this Holy Ground.
Defining Holy Ground:
- Where righteousness is welcomed.
- Where King Jesus is genuinely praised
- Where the presence of the Holy Spirit is evident because of the praises of God’s people
- in your heart
- in your home
- in the church
Steps Nehemiah took the defend Holy Ground
- Nehemiah asked the question: How are God’s people doing?
- We must be spiritually aware that the enemy is at war with us and the enemy uses our sinful carnal nature against us.
- Only when we are led by the spirit of God can we defend Holy Ground.
- Nehemiah realized God’s people needed revival. Holy Ground is not being defended
- We must be aware of that we are in urgent times and we need revival.
- A move of God.
- A passion to defend Holy Ground
- Nehemiah wept and fasted and prayed. (This is spiritual warfare)
- Asking God to hear his prayer
- Confesses of sins from the children of Israel and from his family
- Ask God for mercy
- Nehemiah goes to the front of the battle to defend Holy Ground in Jerusalem
- If we are going to see a genuine move of God, the church must go to battle in the spirit realm.
- By the time we come to church Sunday morning, we must have already been in battle.
- Nehemiah begins to repair things that are broken
- Be prepared to make changes to fix the things in your life that do not glorify God; if you do not remove and fix broken things in your life you will not be able to defend Holy Ground.
- Nehemiah 4:1-2. Nehemiah encounters resistance
- Of course, we will encounter resistance when we begin to defend Holy Ground.
- When you encounter resistance, rejoice you are defending Holy Ground.
- Nehemiah 7:1-4. The wall was built and order was established to do things God’s way.
- When revival comes, and many are saved and set free, we must be good stewards and make sure order is established to do things Gods way.
- Let no man get the glory in a move of God.
- When God’s people are in the spiritual fight, the enemy will be defeated.
- There are so many people that will be saved, set free, and delivered because we decided to fight the good fight in spiritual warfare
- Genuinely Pray and fast, Praise and worship, consistently and you will experience the presence of God in habit the praises of his people
- It is up to us to set the atmosphere that will defend this Holy Ground.