- Community Outreach Event (Friday July 28, 2023 at 6pm).
- King Jesus will be praised worship night (July 30, 2023 at 6pm)
- Women’s Meeting (Next one August 19, at 9:30am)
- Shoe Giveaway Community Outreach Saturday August 5, 2023 at 4:30pm
- Prayer meeting (Next One August 6, 2023 at 6pm). First Sunday of every month
- Spanish Translation for the sermon is now available at HCC. Feel free to invite Spanish speaking people to church.
- Outreach carnival event Friday July 28, 2023 at 6pm
- Shoe Giveaway Saturday August 5, 2023 at 3pm
- Youth meet every Saturday at 6:30pm.
- Pray for HCC and Open Hands Community Charitable Services as we prepare to expand our service to the community.
Main Point: God’s people must check their hearts and ensure it is surrendered to God. When our hearts are surrendered to God, then we will see clearly and advance the Kingdom of God for righteousness in Spiritual Warfare.
There is a spiritual battle all around us:
- Your heart
- Your family
- Your church
- Your state
- Your country
- The world
Last week we prayed about defending this Holy Ground. Defending the righteousness of God all around us.
- This week I want to encourage you to check your heart and make sure it is a heart of surrender, so as you defend this Holy Ground, you are confident, steadfast, determined.
- A heart surrendered to Jesus
- A heart surrendered to the will of God
- A heart surrendered for Kingdom purpose
- A heart surrendered to serve and love others (this is proof of greatness in God’s Kingdom)
Scripture on a Surrendered heart.
Job 11:13-19. CEV version: Surrender your heart to God.
“Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins— even those you do in secret. Then you won’t be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure filled with hope and emptied of worry. You will sleep without fear and be greatly respected”.
King David analyzed his heart
- 1 Samuel 13:13-14. God revealed to the prophet Samuel that King David would be a man after God’s own heart.
- 2 Samuel 12:7-9. David was not perfect. He clearly sinned against Uriah and God knew it.
- Psalm 51:10-12. David’s response with a contrite heart. Surrendered heart.
- Though David was human and sinned against God.
- His response to being confronted with his Sin was true repentance
- David danced because he knew God.
- David said he didn’t care what anyone else thought about his dancing. He would dance even more undignified than this.
- David knew God. God of mercy and grace and Love.
- The prophet Samuel was correct. David was a man after God’s own heart.
- It doesn’t’ matter how spiritually mature we think we are or if you are a new young believer.
- It is all the same. We must surrender our hearts to God to defend this Holy Ground and advance in this spiritual war.
- It doesn’t matter if you slew a giant or crossed the red sea or once stood on holy ground
- Today is a day to surrender to the will of God.
- Our carnal sinful nature is a reality and we must subdue it by surrendering daily to the righteousness of God
- Then the promises of God will begin to happen in your life. And it will be clear to you: That eye has not seen nor ear heard what God has planned for his people. (1 Corinthians 2:9)
- The literal hand of God moving on your behalf with signs and wonders.